Friday, May 21, 2010

Miss Marigold's South Ausralian Samhuin


Hello Dears, Yes, Miss Marigold had a big adventure this week. She visited South Australia with her two Dear Lady friends, Hazel & Lily. Haven't they done a nice job with the imagery? Not sure who snapped the portrait, but thank you Dears, for the picture, but more than that, for your most excellent company.
We stayed in a lovely beach house with a beautiful friend who invited us to a most wonderful Pagan festival in the Adelaide Hills. It was called The English Ale, & it was to celebrate the coming of Winter. I enjoyed myself so much that this week has been quite a blur of thoughts, ideas & feelings.
I have written a couple of songs, & am now about to begin a drawing. My creative energy levels have risen at last. I now realise I need to get away in the company of like-minded folk more frequently. The spiritual element of the weekend can not be stressed too highly as a great motivator for expressing myself creatively. I do not separate spiritual practice from day-to-day living, as it is all a way of life.
It was most interesting to attend the first Druids of Oz meeting, & listen to ways in which others experience & practice this originally Northern Hemisphere tradition in the Southern Hemisphere. Phew! There were some very learned & influential people there. Your Marigold was honoured to be part of it. I look forward to the development of this group. It is a great opportunity to share in the evolution of a tradition.
As people move around the Earth, their spiritual practices must perhaps necessarily change in order to have relevance in new environments. The Druidic tradition is strongly connected to the land & the local environment. "Gods" & Goddesses" of the Celtic lands were more local spirits of place than the classical deities. So, it is important for those of us who want to have a close relationship with our current home environment to find ways in which we can keep drawing on the wisdom of the past, as well as discover wisdom for the future.
Sadly, I haven't done much in my own garden this week. I am harvesting lots of rocket, broccolli, spring onions & silverbeet. There are tons of Jerusalem artichokes. I will have to do a bit more work this weekend, as I need to plant some lemons & berries soon.
Autumn leaves from my big Copper Beeches threaten to bury the house, but how I love their rich golden light reflected in the pale sunshine.
Winter chills the air. I must light my fire before evening falls. Scampini, my assistant, is sighing. It is nearly time for his dinner. Dampness is falling. The Earth breathes in........
Blessings to you all, & may there be Peace on Earth.

1 comment:

  1. you are such a good writer miss marigold! wow! blog looks great by the way, sorry i haven't commented more, i have been a very lazy blogger myself!

    xx rin

    ReplyDelete