Friday, May 17, 2013

From the window


Last week, I was admiring the coppery beauty that clothes the trees outside my window. I was preparing the garden ready for a winter snooze...





This is the same view exactly a week later! Still lovely, but now a near naked tree, viewed through mist, instead of sunshine... how quickly things can change....

Today, I sit within in a cloud, feeling that winter has really arrived... the seasons just don't fit neatly into 4 sets of 3 months here, but judging by what I saw on the news last night of English snow in May, perhaps even that is a thing of the past, falling away, like autumn leaves....





The future is obscured as in a mist, & the past clings like the leaves on this Maple, but soon, it will also be gone... making way for a new season of growth, with new experiences and challenges...
an old cliche, but one I understand well...

In Earth's South, may you be wrapped comfortably in winter's mist, to drift & dream of good things to come.... & may you be cloaked in summer's golden light to grow & manifest such wonders if you're in the North.




No comments:

Post a Comment