Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blessings of Imbolc and Lughnasadh


Waiting for spring feels akin to waiting for the first breath of a baby... all is anticipation for the new life that is...

The wisdom of the seed (or in this case, bulb!) is to store potential for growth...but it needs the animation of fire, the sun's illumination, to grow....

....this morning, as I reflect upon on the association of this time of year with Goddess Brigit, flame within the icy waters, it occurs to me that as midwife and healer, poet and smith, nothing in this world manifests without the warmth of illumination, and tender care.... that potential locked within a protective casing of ice over the fallow period of winter, now needs to be gently nurtured to fruition...


In my part of the world, we have had no snow over winter this year, but the symbolism still fits... the spring thaw has begun, and I look forward to a new season of growth and hope for a fine harvest.

In the South, I wish you the gentle blessings of Brigit's clear light, and in the North, I wish you the blessings of Lugh - God of golden sunshine - may you enjoy stamina enough to reap a fine golden harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment