Monday, December 16, 2013

The importance of working at play

I feel a big shift in my attitude to work this year, & am joyful...

my workspace - a creative play room for an adult


I used to feel guilty, having so much fun when I was meant to be working! Ha!

Engaged in creative work, I relax, & enjoy life... I'm in the child-like frame of mind required to connect with the creative process ... my ideas can take flight, & I am free, feeling light & strong...



                one small room contains my tools for creating happiness

As a child, almost everything I did was a creative act... constructing worlds in the sand pit, creating creatures in plasticine, drawing, painting, making with glue & scissors... even arranging peas on my plate, or soap bubbles in the bath...


You can read my first guest blog post here: 
http://annefallas.blogspot.fr/ - 
   It's about women & transformation, & the invitation to write this piece really encouraged me to take the required playful element of my work very seriously.

It is part of the process of acceptance... of who I am, what I am, & how I fit into the pattern of nature.... just as I am... 
..... part of growing up....





No comments:

Post a Comment