Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Children's Art Classes in My Studio

Been working with children! Oh my goodness. what a joy it is! After 20 years, of telling myself &
everyone else, that I only work with adults, I jumped in, & now have a beautiful after school art class going, and
will facilitate some workshops soon, in natural crafts, for my local Permaculture group.

My work is a little different from usual art classes, in that it has a therapeutic effect. It's designed to help them relax, before creative work. I find it really sets the tone, for a quiet, gentle session, to  meditate for a little while, chat over afternoon tea, then go into the art room, where they can choose their activity, and I help where they need me to. All the while, I play music to set the mood... it's magic!

When I first advertised, the mothers thought the 2 hours I was offering, might be too long a session for their children, but as it has turned out, it's barely enough! Because they're relaxed, they concentrate so much more deeply than usual, and really get into what they're creating.

It's very satisfying to see them so happy, and wanting to attend on school holidays as well!

My next adventure, is school holiday classes, when I'm ready. No rush for this, as I want them to be a beautiful experience, for parents as well as children.

If you're in the Dandenong Ranges, & have a child, you think could benefit from participating, call me 0427 123 563. Classes are strictly limited to 4 or 6 children. Families are welcome, and my fees are $160 for 10 weeks, or $25 casual attendance. Times is 3.30 - 5.30pm Thursdays.

Oh! I have a working with children ticket, and current police check too!


No comments:

Post a Comment